|The Muppet Show|
|Production||November 23-26, 1976|
|Releases|| Best of the Muppet Show|
Miss Piggy is repulsed when Gonzo tells her that he loves her. Kermit tries to help by asking Piggy if she would like to go to dinner -- and when she accepts, he fixes her up with Gonzo. Everybody gets karate-chopped.
- Scooter and Floyd sing "Mr. Bassman."
- Mummenschanz: Paper Faces
- "The Blue Danube" at the Library
- Mummenschanz: Three short skits
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: "When I'm Not Near the Fish I Love"
- In the guest talk spot, Mummenschanz "talk" with Kermit -- the mouths of their masks open, and bubbles and ping-pong balls come out.
- Wayne and Wanda: "It's Only a Paper Moon"
- Vendaface: Statler
- Muppet News Flash
- Mummenschanz: Clay Faces
- This episode marks the debut of Gonzo's trademark, rushing rapidly through camera with a WHOOSH sound effect.
- As the last episode of the first season, this was the last episode to feature the voices of John Lovelady and Eren Ozker, and the last episode to be written and produced by Jack Burns.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Floyd Pepper, George the Janitor, Mildred Huxtetter, Animal, Sam the Eagle, Wayne, Vendaface, The Newsman, Dancers, Whatnots, The Eel
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Eel, the Newsman, and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle, George the Janitor, and Mildred
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper and Vendaface
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Wayne, Pig Dancers, and Statler
- Eren Ozker as Rowlf's and Animal's dancing partners
- John Lovelady as Whatnot Dancers
- On Nickelodeon, Wayne & Wanda's song It's Only a Paper Moon and Muppet News Flash were both cut.
- On CTS, the UK spot When I'm Not Near the Fish I Love is cut.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.