|Plot|| It rains on Sesame Street on the day before leaving for Hawaii|
repeat of 1089
|Air date||February 28, 1980|
|Season||Season 11 (1979-1980)|
|Sponsors||J, W, 12|
- It's raining on Sesame Street the day before everyone leaves for Hawaii, but that doesn't damper anyone's spirits.
- Ernie tells Bert to stand still in front of the camera so that he can "trace" Bert's face on the screen. (First: Episode 0536)
- Cartoon: While fishing one day, a boy catches the letters of the alphabet. Frustrated at not having caught any fish to eat, he decides to use his catch for alphabet soup. (First: Episode 0004)
- Olivia bakes a sweet potato pie to take to her host and hostess in Hawaii.
- Song: "Try, Try Again"
- Sesame Street News Flash: Kermit looks for the Old Woman who Lives in a Shoe. At first he ends up visiting The Young Man who Lives in a Glove, and the Young Woman who Lives in a Hat. When he reaches the shoe, it turns out the old woman needs a babysitter for her kids, and what better candidate than Kermit? (EKA: Episode 1050)
- The Count counts the number of times he hears thunder and lightening on Sesame Street.
- Grover volunteers to assist the Amazing Mumford in his rhyming magic trick, making three things come out of his hat that rhyme with knee. Grover guesses the first one, but misses the others. (EKA: Episode 0675)
- The Count has counted 1,145 bouts of thunder and lightning.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1383||Episode 1385|