|Air Date||January 2, 1984|
|Written by||Laura Phillips|
- The Fraggles have no clue on what an egg is, despite the fact that the Storyteller Fraggle mentions a Fraggle "hatching" in a story she told in an earlier episode, "The Terrible Tunnel." This also implies that Fraggles do not eat eggs.
- In "Capture the Moon" Uncle Matt wrote that he wanted to watch a rainbow hatch from a chicken´s egg. And all Fraggles knew what was meant. So their ignorance here is illogical.
- Gobo seems to know more about `Outer Space´ than his uncle. Gobo knows what a balloon is (a decoration) while Uncle Matt thought of them as strange creatures and released them in the episode "Wembley and the Gorgs".
- There was a short production break before Season Two began. The last episode of the first season, "New Trash Heap in Town," was recorded in May 1983; this episode was recorded in September. The only major production or cast change was that Cheryl Wagner replaced Myra Fried as the voice and face of Ma Gorg.
- When this episode was released on the second season DVD, it displayed the newer "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock" logo and the on-screen episode title, as used from the HIT Entertainment video release of "Down in Fraggle Rock". However, the Amazon and iTunes releases of the episode, as well as the DVD release with the same name, use the original logo and no episode title.
- Baby Tree Creature (Karen Prell)
- Mama Tree Creature (Kathryn Mullen)
- Papa Tree Creature (Steve Whitmire)
- Wembley's Egg (HBO Video, 1986)
- Down in Fraggle Rock (HIT!, 2006)
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Second Season (HIT!, 2006)
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Series Collection (HIT!, 2008)
- Wembley's Egg Surprise (Lions Gate Entertainment, 2010)
International episode titles
- France: "L’Œuf de Wembley"
- Germany: "Wembley's Ei"
- Netherlands: "Wimmie's ei"
- Spain: "El huevo de Dudo"
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|New Trash Heap in Town||Boober Rock|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.