|The Muppet Show|
|Production||November 23-25, 1977|
|Premiere|| UK: December 25 1977|
US: February 20 1978
|Releases|| Best of the Muppet Show|
There's a cow backstage, and Kermit and Scooter try to figure out where it came from. The Swedish Chef plans to cut it up and cook it, and the Flying Zucchini Brothers shoot it out of a cannon. At the end, Julie complains to Kermit that she seems to have lost her cow.
- Julie sings "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music.
- Muppet News Flash: Sports Equipment
- Gonzo's Act: Gonzo performs "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" on the bagpipes while sitting on a flagpole, which is eventually toppled by a chewing beaver.
- Rowlf plays "Moonlight Sonata."
- Talk Spot: Muppets fly all around Julie and Kermit while they chat.
- At the Dance: Gonzo tries to find a date, singing "Won't Somebody Dance with Me? He ends up dancing with a chicken.
- UK Spot: Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers sing "Borneo."
- Guest Star's Dressing Room: Julie sings "Song for Kermit" to Kermit.
- Sam's editorial on environmentalists.
- The Swedish Chef: Cow
- Muppet Labs: Hair-Growing Tonic
- Julie, joined by the monsters, sings "I Whistle a Happy Tune."
- This episode is another step in the season's continuing saga of Gonzo's love life. After attempting to make a date with the cow, this is the first episode in which he finds love with a Muppet chicken.
- Though previously established in episode 212 that Miss Piggy is jealous of Miss Mousey, she doesn't seem to care that Kermit dances with Miss Mousey during "At the Dance".
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf, Annie Sue, The Newsman, Robin the Frog, Slim Wilson, Lou, Sam the Eagle, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, The Flying Zucchini Brothers, Sweetums, Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers, Timmy Monster, Big Mama, Doglion, The Mutations,
- Purple Lothar, Frackles, Luncheon Counter Monster, Shakey Sanchez, Afghan Hound, Goat, Chickens, Miss Mousey, Beaver, Pigs, Lenny the Lizard, Uncle Deadly
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, the Beaver, the Swedish Chef, and the Newsman
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Sam the Eagle, and a Zucchini Brother
- Jerry Nelson as Slim Wilson, Chickens, a Beaver, Robin, Whatnot Dancer, a Zucchini Brother, and the Goat
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Chicken, Pig, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, and a Zucchini Brother
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Beaker, Statler, Sweetums, Chicken, a Zucchini Brother, Pig, Whatnot Dancer, and Bubba
- Louise Gold as Afghan Hound, Annie Sue Pig, Pig, and Louise (uncredited)
- Nickelodeon: Sam's speech about ecology was cut.
- CTS: The UK skit Borneo is cut.