|The Muppet Show|
|Guest||Jaye P. Morgan|
|Production||Nov 29 - Dec 2, 1977|
|Premiere|| UK: February 26, 1978|
NYC: March 6, 1978
Jaye P. is upset when she's attacked by Animal, and things keep exploding around her. But she becomes furious when Scooter's uncle, J.P. Grosse, arrives for an inspection -- and she overhears Kermit complaining about how terrible it is to have J.P. around.
- Dressed as a bird, the cynical Jaye P. sings "Tweedle Dee" while complaining about the corny song and the costume's smelly feathers.
- The Swedish Chef: Coconut
- Gonzo's Act: Backed by Rowlf on the piano, Gonzo plays "Flight of the Bumblebee" on his horn while Animal chases the bumblebee.
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: Rowlf and Fozzie play "English Country Garden" on the piano. Neither one knew Fozzie could play piano.
- Talk Spot: Kermit explains the Muppet affection for explosions to Jaye P. by exploding himself.
- "Big Noise from Winnetka"
- Pigs in Space: Jettison
- Muppet News Flash: Jettison
- Sam the Eagle gives an editorial on crime.
- Jaye P. and Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem sing "That Old Black Magic."
Detailed Performance List
| "Tweedle Dee"
Jaye P. Morgan and Youknow Bird perform the song as Jaye P. complains about the cuteness of the show in general, and the odor of her bird costume in particular.
| The Swedish Chef: Coconut
The Chef hammers and saws a coconut, trying to crack it. When he finally gets it open, he discovers a bomb inside it. After the sketch, Waldorf finds a bomb in the theater box, and it explodes.
|Backstage, Kermit discusses Jaye with Fozzie, but then learns that the cake he sent to her was baked by Crazy Harry. Harry blows the cake up with enough force to knock the door off its hinges, and Kermit sends Fozzie to introduce the next act while he tends to Jaye.|
|Gonzo's Act: "Flight of the Bumblebee"|
| At the Dance
All the jokes revolve around one dancer saying what is wrong with someone (men, women, the other dancer) and then their partner answering with a punch line.
|UK Spot: "English Country Garden"|
| Talk Spot: Jaye P. Morgan
Kermit talks to Jaye P. Morgan about how explosions are one of the Muppets' trademarks.
| "Big Noise from Winnetka"
Floyd and Nigel team up to perform "Big Noise from Winnetka." Floyd trades in his trademark Sergeant Pepper jacket for a white suit and his bass guitar for a bass violin. Nigel, in a rare performance, displays a talent for whistling.
| Pigs in Space: Jettison
The Swinetrek is getting heavy, so the crew needs to jettison something that has the weight of one pig.
| Muppet News Flash: Jettison
A plane carrying the London Symphony Orchestra has been forced to drop some of its musical instruments.
|Sam the Eagle gives an editorial on crime.|
|"That Old Black Magic"|
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Animal, Statler and Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Rowlf the Dog, the Swedish Chef, the Newsman, Sam the Eagle, Crazy Harry, Frackles, Zelda Rose, Droop, Youknow Bird, Svengali's Assistant
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Link Hogthrob, Waldorf, the Newsman, Dr. Teeth, the Swedish Chef and Green Frackle
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle and Dancers
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Crazy Harry, Zelda Rose, Droop, the Announcer, J.P. Grosse, and Dr. Julius Strangepork
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Youknow Bird, Blue Frackle, and Svengali's Assistant
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Zoot and Dancers
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Julie Andrews||Peter Sellers|