|The Muppet Show|
|Production||March 21-23, 1978|
|Premiere|| UK: April 16 1978|
US: October 5 1978
Miss Piggy is furious that her new rival, novice actress Annie Sue, has a part in the melodrama sketch, so when Annie Sue tearfully tells Kermit that she's too scared to go on, Piggy volunteers to take her place. She's then tied to a railroad track by Uncle Deadly, and Wayne, the hero of the sketch, doesn't save her in time.
- Annie Sue and the pigs sing "Tico Tico" as the opening number
- Animal eats Gonzo's trained jumping beans, which make him jump whenever someone says "Arriba".
- Jean and Fozzie sing "Play a Simple Melody"
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: Annie Sue sings "Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow Wow", accompanied by Rowlf
- Talk Spot: Jean reveals to Sam the Eagle that the Swedish Chef doesn't speak real Swedish -- but she can understand him, because she took a correspondence course in mock Swedish. Sam insists that the Chef start speaking honestly, so from now on he agees to speak in his native language -- mock Japanese.
- "Muppet Melodrama" with Miss Piggy, Uncle Deadly, & Wayne
- Muppet Labs: Shrinking Pills
- Jean asks to do a closing duet with her favorite Muppet, Crazy Harry. Taking her life in her hands, she sings "I'm Just Wild About Harry", accompanied by Harry on the explodaphone.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf, Annie Sue Pig, Animal, The Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle, Uncle Deadly, Wayne, Crazy Harry, Gladys, Floyd Pepper, Zoot, Pigs, Whatnots, Leticia, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Slim Wilson, Lou, Miss Mousey, Two-Headed Woman
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Rowlf and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle and Pig Photographer
- Jerry Nelson as Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry, Floyd Pepper, Slim Wilson, Leticia, Whatnots, Two-Headed Woman and Miss Mousey
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Gladys, Statler, Wayne, Beaker and Pigs
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Zoot, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Waiter
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig