|The Muppet Show|
|Production||April 4-7, 1978|
|Premiere|| UK: April 23 1978|
US: October 26 1978
The Muppet Theater is being fumigated, so the entire show moves to a railroad station -- and is periodically interrupted by passing trains. Luckily, Loretta cheerfully tells Kermit that "country singers can sing anywhere."
Gonzo sets up a backstage office for Kermit on the caboose of a train, which takes off for Pittsburgh. While the show continues, Kermit and Gonzo try to ride a handcart back -- but they run into a train heading in the other direction.
- Loretta and Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers sing "You're Lookin' at Country"
- Miss Piggy's solo, "All Alone", is interrupted by passengers running to catch trains.
- Muppet News Flash
- Fozzie's Monologue: Fozzie is interrupted by a train
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: Gonzo sings "Sentimental Journey" to cheer up Kermit as they try to return to the station on a handcar.
- Loretta and the Dogs sing "Oh, Lonesome Me"
- Veterinarian's Hospital (Train Conductor): Dr. Bob can't operate on a train conductor, because he has such a bad track record.
- Muppet News Flash
- Without Kermit's direction, Fozzie, Scooter, Annie Sue and Link Hogthrob try to sing "The Rhyming Song". It doesn't rhyme at all.
- Loretta and the The Babies sing "One's on the Way"
- Closing: Because they are playing a time-sheet, we hear an extremely off-key version of the theme song.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Janice, the Newsman, Link Hogthrob, Statler and Waldorf, Baskerville, Annie Sue, Winky Pinkerton, Babies, Pigs, Zelda Rose, Fred (train passenger), Whatnots, Slim Wilson, Lubbock Lou, Zeke, Bubba, Gramps, Lou, Beagle, Train Conductors, Abe and Bernie
- George the Janitor, Floyd Pepper, Animal, Zoot, Dogs, Mary Louise, Afghan Hound, Mildred, Male Koozebanian Creature, Youknow Bird, Blue Frackle, the Swedish Chef, Luncheon Counter Monster, Sam the Eagle, Mahna Mahna, Beaver, Droop, Kangaroo, Louis Kazagger, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Dr. Teeth, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry, Beaker, Sweetums, Bobby Benson, Chickens, Jim Henson Muppet, Frank Oz Muppet, The Arab
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Link Hogthrob, the Newsman, Waldorf, Jim Henson Muppet and Pigs
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Fred, Pigs, Train Conductor and Frank Oz Muppet
- Jerry Nelson as Baskerville, Baby, Arab, Slim Wilson, Train Conductor and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Statler, Beagle, Whatnot, The Arab, Baby and Pigs
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Baby and Whatnot
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue, Whatnots, Pig and Baby
- Steve Whitmire as Winky Pinkerton, Whatnot and Train Conductor