|The Muppet Show|
|Guest|| Roy Rogers|
|Production||January 23-25, 1979|
|Releases|| Best of the Muppet Show|
In honor of Roy and Dale, the theme of the show is cowboys, and Roy's cows mill around backstage. They're crazy for Fozzie's cow jokes: "You cows are an udder delight! You don't know the hoof of it!" But just as he's getting rolling, they're herded onstage, Kermit says that's one thing you had to worry about in the Old West: "Audience rustlers."
- A crowd of Prairie Dogs harmonize on "Blue Skies."
- Roy sings "Skyball Paint."
- Muppet Sports: Horseshoe Pitching
- Dale and the babies sing "Deep in the Heart of Texas."
- UK Spot: Two cowboys sing "A Four-Legged Friend."
- Bear on Patrol: Bullets Barker - Sheriff Link hides from Bullets Barker. Officer Bear tricks Barker into a jail cell.
- Guest Star's Dressing Room Roy & Kermit
- Sketch: Slim Wilson (Cowboy) fails to ride Old Skyball Paint
- Medley: "Hazy Mountains" / "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" / "Happy Trails," Roy & Dale
- Kermit makes a reference to The Muppet Movie in this episode:
- Kermit: "I know you've made a lot of films..."
- Roy: "A hundred and eighty-nine."
- Kermit: "Wow... You know, I've only made one. 188 to go."
- Unusual for a third season episode, Miss Piggy doesn't make an appearance.
- The closing theme begins later, starting with Floyd Pepper's shot.
- Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Beauregard, Statler and Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Bullets Barker, Louis Kazagger, Slim Wilson, Old Skyball Paint, Prairie Dogs, Cows, Babies, Whatnots, Jim Henson Muppet, Jerry Nelson Muppet, Floyd Pepper
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Jim Henson Muppet and Prairie Dog
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear and Slim Wilson
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Louis Kazagger, Jerry Nelson Muppet, Old Skyball Paint, Cowboy, Prairie Dog, Whatnot, Cow and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Prairie Dog and Cowboy
- Dave Goelz as Bullets Barker and Prairie Dog
- Steve Whitmire as Prairie Dog
- Louise Gold as Prairie Dog
- Kathryn Mullen as Prairie Dog