|Air Date||January 6, 1986|
|Written by||Sugith Varughese|
Doc pulls up the floorboards in the workshop in order to undo the clogs in the pipes. Sprocket goes through the hole in the ground and ends up loose in Fraggle Rock and starts looking for Gobo Fraggle. He knocks over a bunch of Doozer towers and ruins Boober's (in)famous Doozer-stick stew.
- We learn that Marjory the Trash Heap speaks fluent Dog.
- This episode reintroduces the Fraggle, Doozer and Gorg worlds (as well as Doc's workshop) to the viewer in a nutshell, thus making it the ideal season premiere.
- From this episode onward, episode titles are displayed on the screen during the first few seconds of the episode, after the opening theme has ended.
- The song "A Time to Build" was later used in "episode 118" of The Animal Show.
- Crusty Doozer can be seen briefly in full Doozer dress (hard hat/tool belts), but also still wearing his beads.
- Writer Sugith Varughese recalled in 2020: "I think the only time I remember pitching an idea that actually became the episode i wrote was Sprocket’s Big Adventure. It was the start of a new season and we were all seeing each other again after the hiatus. I remember going in to see Jerry and Larry and saying, “You know, I think it’s finally time for Sprocket to go into the Rock.” And they got this look in their eyes like mischievous kids, and that’s what I ended up writing."
- There is no postcard from Uncle Traveling Matt in this episode.
- "Part two of our interview with Sugith Varughese!", The Muppet Collection Page on Facebook, 3 June 2020.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Gunge the Great and Glorious||Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water|