|The Muppet Show|
|Production||May 1-4, 1979|
|Premiere||UK: November 2, 1979|
NYC: October 11, 1979
The Prairie Dog Glee Club sings very well, but Scooter says they have "pack rat blood in 'em -- they keep stealing everything!" The prairie dogs go wild, taking everything Kermit has -- including his collar, which leaves him naked on stage. Finally, all the Muppets, and even Crystal, are undressed by the little thieves.
- "River Road"
- Pigs in Space: Dearth Nadir
- UK Spot: "Hold Tight, Hold Tight (Want Some Seafood Mama)"
- "Sixty Seconds Got Together"
- "The Best Things in Life Are Free"
- Muppet Labs: Banana Sharpener
- "We Must Believe in Magic"
|Cold Open: Scooter stops by Crystal's dressing room and helps her practice her lines.|
|"The Muppet Show Theme": Gonzo plays as bubbles come out of his trumpet|
|German penguins, pigs, dogs, a goat, and a walrus sing an oom-pah version of "Swanee".|
|As Scooter finishes conducting The Prairie Dog Glee Club in The Canteen Kermit comes down as Scooter explains to him that the Prairie Dogs keep stealing things from the theatre.|
|Crystal sings "River Road," where she plays a young runaway who is persuaded by an old woman to return home by the end of the song.|
|Scooter explains to Kermit that the Prairie Dogs are still stealing things.|
|Beauregard asks Crystal for an autograph.|
|"Pigs in Space": The Swinetrek is invaded by Dearth Nadir, the evil scourge of the galaxy, who hides behind a distinctive hook-nosed mask. Nadir orders his chicken stormtroopers to peck the crew to death.|
|UK Spot: "Hold Tight, Hold Tight (Want Some Seafood Mama)" performed by Rowlf, a shark, a lobster, Lew Zealand and 3 fish|
|Kermit explains to Crystal that the reason he has a bag over his head is because the Prairie Dogs stole his collar.|
|The Gills Brothers sing "Sixty Seconds Got Together"|
|Kermit and Miss Piggy notice that many of her things have been stolen by the Prairie Dogs|
|The Prairie Dogs sing "The Best Things in Life Are Free", only to encounter Patrol Bear attempting to arrest them for their stealing.|
|On Muppet Labs Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker test out the Banana Sharpener.|
|Crystal Gayle performs "We Must Believe in Magic"|
|At the Closing Kermit gives Crystal her feather boa back but another Prairie dog comes and steals it.|
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Beauregard, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Statler and Waldorf, Gills Brothers, Prairie Dogs, Walrus, Goat, Afghan Hound, Wolfhound, Pigs, Penguins, Spaniel, Chickens, Rowlf, Lew Zealand, Shark, Fish, Lobster
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Link Hogthrob, Waldorf, Rowlf, Gills Brother, Pig and Prairie Dog
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Runaway
- Jerry Nelson as Dr. Julius Strangepork, Penguins, Gills Brother, Prairie Dog, Whatnot, Shark, Lew Zealand and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Beaker, Statler, Penguins, Gills Brother, Wolfhound, Pigs and Prairie Dog
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beauregard, Walrus and Prairie Dog
- Steve Whitmire as Penguins, Goat, Gills Brother and Prairie Dog
- Kathy Mullen as Prairie Dog and Fish
- Louise Gold as Afghan Hound, Prairie Dog, Whatnot and Fish
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|John Denver||Shields & Yarnell|