|The Muppet Show|
|Production||April 21-24, 1980|
Glenda reveals herself to be Black Jackson the pirate captain, and she takes over the Muppet Theater with the help of Short John Silver (Sweetums) and Eric, a heartless pirate parrot (in disguise as a penguin). They tie Kermit up, turn the theater into a ship, and cast off to look for buried treasure. The show ends with a musical battle at sea, with Gonzo and a crew of chickens fighting to save Kermit and the theater.
- "Workin' at the Car Wash Blues" (Gonzo and the Chickens)
- The Pirates sing "Tie-Aye-Aye the Man Down"
- Fozzie's Comedy Act
- Glenda and The Pirates sing "The Walloping Window Blind"
- UK Spot: Eric the Parrot sings "Carolina in the Morning" while being chased by The Swedish Chef
- At the Dance
- On "Muppet Sports", Louis Kazagger presents a new sport -- yardarm hanging.
- "Battle At Sea" medley: Glenda and the Pirates sing "Sailing, Sailing" but are interrupted by Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and the Chickens
- In Of Muppets and Men, head writer Jerry Juhl explained the origin of this episode: "A problem with some guest stars is that they have strong ideas about the show -- about what they'd like to do on it -- and those ideas are not exactly original. Almost everyone wants to work with Piggy, and sometimes that's fine, but often we'd feel much happier if we could match that guest up with another puppet. I think we generally do our best work when we're given a completely free hand, as happened with Glenda Jackson, for example. We asked her if there was anything she would like to do and she said, 'You people know what you're up to. I'll do anything you write for me.'"
- This is the first episode in which Karen Prell performed. (She also performed in Episode 501: Gene Kelly, which was the last episode taped, but, going by production order, is the first episode of the fifth season).
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Louis Kazagger, and Camilla
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Sweetums and Dead Ear Dick
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo
- Steve Whitmire
- Louise Gold
- Kathryn Mullen
- Karen Prell