|The Muppet Show|
|Production||May 27-30, 1980|
Kermit has a crush on Linda, so Piggy locks him in a trunk filled with Gonzo's fungus collection. Linda finds him, and they share a romantic moment, but Piggy locks him up again and drags the trunk onstage during "Pigs in Space".
- Linda Ronstadt sings "Blue Bayou" and "I've Got a Crush on You".
- Pining over Kermit, Linda sings "It's in His Kiss" with Janice.
- Rowlf sings a version of "The Cat Came Back".
- The Swedish Chef: champagne
- For the closing number, Linda sings "When I Grow Too Old to Dream" to Kermit.
- Pigs in Space: Battle Robot Monster
- The 1981 book Of Muppets and Men features a chapter on the making of the "Blue Bayou" number.
- A clip from "When I Grow Too Old to Dream" was used at the climax of the special The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years.
- Almost fifteen years later, a track on the 1994 Kermit Unpigged CD reprises the plot of this episode. Kermit and Linda sing a duet of "All I Have To Do is Dream," and apparently they still have a crush on each other.
- Linda: "Kermit, thank you for singing this song with me, even though I know your heart still belongs to Piggy."
- Kermit: "Well, you may know that, and Piggy may know that -- but the vote's not in yet from the frog."
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Scooter, The Great Gonzo, Rowlf the Dog, Janice, Statler, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, The Newsman, Gaffer, The Female Singers, Pops, Benny, Whatnots, Frogs
- Floyd Pepper, Animal, Zeke, Baskerville, Fozzie Bear, Rizzo the Rat, Beaker, Rover Joe, Lyle the Dog, Afghan Hound, Wolfhound, Dogs
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, the Swedish Chef, the Newsman, and Link Hogthrob
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Animal, and Dog Bomber
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Benny, Floyd Pepper, and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Statler, and Lyle the Dog
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo and Wolfhound
- Kathy Mullen as Gaffer and Frogs
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig, Rover Joe, and Frogs
- Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat, Lola the Fan Dancer, and Zeke
- Karen Prell as Frogs