|The Muppet Show|
|Production||April 29 - May 2, 1980|
|Releases|| Best of the Muppet Show|
Kermit calls the Secret Service to hire real spies for Roger's closing number. (They're listed in the Yellow Pages.) However, Roger wants to do a cute, cuddly version of "Talk to the Animals". The spies, anxious for a chance to rub out James Bond, pose as fluffy animals to infiltrate the number.
- Opening Number: Viking pigs sing "In the Navy" as they pillage a coastal town.
- Miss Piggy sings a flirtatious "On a Slow Boat to China" to Roger, but the song is interrupted by the arrival of Roger's date, Annie Sue.
- UK Spot: The orchestra plays "How High the Moon"
- Lew Zealand and his singing fish sing a wet version of "You Light Up My Life" until he's pulled offstage by Piggy.
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Viking
- UK Spot: "How High the Moon?"
- Bear on Patrol: Handcuff Salesman
- Muppet Sports: Cross Country Billiards
- Muppet News Flash
- Moore insists on singing "Talk to the Animals" in the closing number, but is forced to fight numerous assassins during the song with appropriately changed lyrics for the situation.
- The "In the Navy" number alone took a day and a half to shoot.
- A segment of "Slow Boat to China" can be seen being performed on Of Muppets and Men.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Swedish Chef, Annie Sue Pig, Lew Zealand, Beauregard, Janice, Link Hogthrob, Louis Kazagger, The Newsman, Boo Mortmorkinson, Frackles, Butch, Gnu, Quongo the Wild Mountain Gorilla, Baskerville, Afghan Hound, Mackerel, Rabbit, Deer, Squirrels, Pigs
- Gaffer, Ronald Duck, T.R. the Rooster, Lips, Trumpet Girl, Floyd Pepper, Animal, Zoot, Nigel, Male Koozebanian, Luncheon Counter Monster, Koozebanian Phoob, Shakey Sanchez, Beakie, Snowth, Old Skyball Paint, Cows, Goat, Sheep, Chickens, Fish, Crocodiles
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Viking Pig, Villager, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, the Newsman and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Boo Mortmorkinson
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Lew Zealand, Louis Kazagger, Spy, Viking Pigs, Quongo and Gnu
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Statler, Bruno, Otter, Handcuff Salesman and Viking Pig
- Dave Goelz as Beauregard, Spy, Mackerel, Baskerville, Viking Pig and Figurehead
- Steve Whitmire as Viking Pig, Rizzo the Rat, Spy, Deer and Rabbit
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig and Villager
- Kathy Mullen as Gaffer and Villager
- Karen Prell
- Betsy Baytos
- Brian Muehl as Butch