|Written by||Christopher Cerf and Norman Stiles|
|Publisher||Splotched Animal Music Co.|
As Little Chrissy explains what the sign is used for, his audience (including Grover, Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, Bert, Guy Smiley, and Gladys the Cow) and even the Alphabeats end up abandoning the performance, exiting through the appropriately-placed door at the back of the room. By the song's end, Little Chrissy decides to leave with everyone else, but ironically forgets the way out, leaving him stranded as he cries for help.
- The song can also be heard in a segment where Fonzie from Happy Days teaches viewers the difference between on and off with the song playing on a jukebox.
- Count It Higher/Exit (single, 1976)
- Signs! (1977)
- Letters, Numbers and Signs (1977)
- A cover version is featured on The Sesame Street Covers EP (2010)
- Old School: Volume 2 (2007)
- The Atlantic "The Songsmiths of Sesame Street" by Julie Beck, March 29, 2019