Fawlty Towers is a British sitcom co-created by and starring John Cleese as irascible hotel manager Basil Fawlty. The hotel is beset by disaster caused by misunderstanding, odd guests, odder staff, and Basil's own rudeness. The BBC originally aired two seasons between 1975 and 1979 and the show gained popularity in the United States of America through PBS airings.
- A Netflix spoof called "Muppstream" shown at The Muppets Take the O2 featured Muppet versions of several popular TV shows. "Poultry Towers" spoofed Fawlty Towers, while showing Gonzo and the chickens.
- "Poultry Towers" was again mentioned as a pitch for a show in an email from Fozzie Bear to Scooter in the Muppets Now episode "Fever Pitch."
- Ken Campbell played Roger in "The Anniversary" (1979)
- John Cleese played Basil Fawlty, co-created the series, and co-wrote every episode
- Iain McLean was a production team member on the series
- Geoffrey Palmer played Dr. Price in "The Kipper and the Corpse" (1979)
- Joan Sanderson played Mrs. Richards in "Communication Problems" (1979)