Finland is a country in Europe, partially located on the Scandinavian peninsula (along with Norway and Sweden). Much of its early history was spent ruled by Sweden, and later as part of the Russian Empire before finally declaring itself independent in 1918. The Finnish language, unlike most other languages of Europe, is not of the Indo-European family. Rather, it is of the Uralic family, like Estonian and, more distantly, Hungarian.
- In a Disney Xtreme Digital video, Thor appears as "the big Finnish" to end the video (but the Big Swedish insists on performing instead).
- "Finlandia," by the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius, was included in Rowlf's Very First Book of Classic Themes.
Several Muppet projects have been dubbed in Finnish. Some recent Muppet projects have aired on the Scandinavian Disney Channel.
- Fragglit (Fraggle Rock)
- Sinisen talon Nalle (Bear in the Big Blue House)
- Seesamtie (dubbed Sesame Street segments)
- Bertin ja Ernien suuret seikkailut (Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures)
- Annin keijukoulu (Abby's Flying Fairy School)