Food for Thought: Eating Well on a Budget is a Sesame Street education resource kit released in December 2010, designed to help families make healthy and affordable decisions when picking out food. The video portion stars some of the Muppet characters, featuring a quartet of new characters, the Super Foods. The video was funded in partnership with United HealthCare and the Merck Company Foundation. The video is available in English and Spanish.
In the program, Super Grover finds himself in several food-related situations where he can't seem to help out. He constantly runs into the Super Foods, who one-up up in helping Elmo, Rosita and Baby Bear learn how healthy food can help them in their daily lives. In between the scenes are films featuring families learning about healthy foods.
The Muppet scenes from the video were incorporated onto the actual show in episode 4230 and Episode 4604. These episodes omit the section featuring the Bear family and feature a retaped version of the ending song that doesn't include Baby Bear.
Growing Hope Against Hunger was a followup to this special.
- Executive Producer: Christina Delfico
- Co-Executive Producer: Kevin Clash
- Head Writer: Joey Mazzarino
- Writer: Christine Ferraro
- Director: Scott Preston
- Starring the Muppets of Sesame Street:
- Senior Creative Consultant: Kevin Clash
- Associate Director: Ken Diego
- Production Designer: Bob Phillips
- Music Director: Bill Sherman
- Assistant Music Director: Joe Fiedler
- Vocal Music Director: Paul Rudolph
- "The Most Important Meal of the Day" Music and Lyrics by Tony Geiss
- Lyrics to the Following Songs by Christine Ferraro
- Additional Music Composed by Joe Fiedler, Bill Sherman, Mark Schultz & Dan Vitco
- Jim Henson's Creature Shop Workshop Crew: Jason Weber, Connie Peterson, Rollie Krewson, Heather Asch, Morgan Street, Loryn Brantz, Marc Borders
- Sesame Workshop Vice President, Outreach and Educational Practices: Jeanette Betancourt, Ed.D.
- Sesame Workshop Executive Vice President, Education, Research and Outreach: Lewis Bernstein, Ph.D.
- Cameras: Shaun Harkins, Frankie Biondo, Jerry Cancel
- Special Guests: Chef Art Smith, Chef Lee Anne Wong
- Sound Effects: Dick Maitland, CAS