Participation in the Muppet Wiki Forums requires a full understanding of the Rules and Etiquette.
Our article for What is a Muppet? says: "Sesame Workshop retains the Muppets name in its credits and products for 'Sesame Street', continuing to call its characters 'Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets' and the puppeteers 'Muppet Performers' or 'Muppeteers.'" However none of the credits pictured there use the term "Muppeteer." Are there any productions (Sesame or not) where the on-screen credits use the word "Muppeteer" for the performers? - BradFraggle (talk) 19:57, 3 September 2021 (UTC)
- Scouring around right now. 3, 2, 1 Let's Go is the only thing so far I've found that uses it in the credits. - Shane (talk) 20:10, 3 September 2021 (UTC)
- There's 11 instances in Sesame Street Unpaved, according to Internet Archive's OCR.
- In The Wisdom of Big Bird, "Would I be good enough to be a real Muppeteer?" (pg 28), "I would take a pay cut, but at last I would become a Muppeteer." (pg 32) and "Richard Hunt, another Muppeteer, heard my complain and made an insightful suggestion." (pg 95)
- In My Life as a Furry Red Monster, "...wondering how much longer my dream job as a Muppeteer-in-training would last." (pg 2) and "But before the writers ever put pen to paper or a Muppeteer gives life to a character..." (pg 178)
- In Sesame Street Dad: Evolution of an Actor, a photo caption noting "...muppeteer Camille Kampouris, and me on the set, 1989.", and on the back cover, a review from "Kevin Clash -- Muppeteer."
- In Disney News (summer 1991), "Henson's long-time co-worker and fellow Muppeteer Frank Oz took over the directorial duties for the film's post-production." -- Zanimum (talk) 00:25, 20 January 2022 (UTC)
- Three more:
- No Strings Attached: "...operated by legendary Muppeteer Kevin Clash, for close-ups." (Labyrinth chapter, pg 35)
- John Tartaglia's memories of Jerry Nelson, on Muppet Mindset, 2012: "We are a lucky few that are able to say that we are Muppeteers." "Those of us who are a part of the younger generation of Muppeteers..." "Of course, I didn’t know who Jerry or any of the Muppeteers were at the time..."
- Michael Earl, 2011: "Jerry was my favorite Muppeteer." -- Zanimum (talk) 01:31, 20 January 2022 (UTC)
- I started Sandbox:"Muppet Performer" vs. "Muppeteer" as a place to (A) track how the puppeteers have been credited over the years (especially useful/interesting to show how the Sesame Street characters and performers credits have evolved) and (B) to track uses of the term of "Muppeteer" in print and other places. We'll see how it evolves/grows, but might end up splitting the "puppeteer credits" part and the "use of the term Muppeteer" lists or integrate info into the What is a Muppet? and/or Muppeteer articles. -- 17:22, 20 January 2022 (UTC)