Participation in the Muppet Wiki Forums requires a full understanding of the Rules and Etiquette.
It's Samiya here. I've noticed a few errors on the 'One of These Things' page which I thought you'd might like to know about. E.g. The page states that the song is sung in 'Episode 2747' but the episode's page suggests that 'Three of These Things' is sung instead (and, after watching the episode's street scenes on YouTube, I can confirm this is true). Furthermore, it seems like the page is missing some additional versions of 'One of These Things' according to other episode pages (I read on here that the song is used in 'Episode 2699' and in 'Episode 2720' but these aren't documented on the main song page. Obviously, I can't be sure of this until someone either confirms or I am able to watch the episodes myself. If someone could confirm these errors (or tell me I'm all wrong!) I'd really appreciate it.
Also, just for the record, I know because I'm new around here and nobody knows me very well that you may not trust me yet, but I can assure you that if someone is kind enough to lend me digital copies of episodes in the future that I will only use them for the greater good of the Wiki and will NEVER EVER share them with anyone else or upload onto YouTube. --FozFozBear (talk) 12:38, 6 October 2021 (UTC)
- Samiya, asking other editors for access to their materials is against the rules. Unfortunately we had to make this a policy after a run of bad eggs wouldn't stop pestering people about it.
- Regarding inconsistencies like you describe with "One of These Things" and "Three of These Things", so long as you have access to the episodes yourself, you can just go ahead and make the corrections.
- As for articles missing information that can be found on other articles, a good way to look for these is to use the Special:WhatLinksHere tool. For example on the "One of These Things" article, look to the column on the right marked Page Tools. If you click the "What links here" link, you'll see a list of every place on the wiki that links to that article. —Scott (talk) 12:54, 6 October 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks Scott. That's really helpful. So sorry about that - the Forum Rules say that requesting for media to better the Wiki is allowed, so I must have got confused. No, I don't currently have copies of the episodes at hand, but I'm just hoping that they will be uploaded onto Archive.org or YouTube before long. If not, I'll have to rethink how I can contribute to the Wiki because I want to ensure that my edits are as correct as possible. --Samiya (talk) 13:46, 6 October 2021 (UTC)
- It does say that but then the same page goes on to state that it's acceptable to ask where to look for merchandise and 'ask for media that leads to the betterment of content on the wiki.' If you've changed policy fairly recently, you might have forgotten to alter the rules. --Samiya (talk) 14:01, 6 October 2021 (UTC)
- I understand completely. I bet you've come across plenty of bad eggs, and I want to prove to you that I'm definitely not one. Just one more question - how long would you say that I'd have be an editor here before I can be considered 'reliable?' Thank you once again for all your help. --Samiya (talk) 14:14, 6 October 2021 (UTC)