Participation in the Muppet Wiki Forums requires a full understanding of the Rules and Etiquette.
Generally speaking when a Sesame Street episode is a repeat, it recycles all the Street segments. I've seen a few here or there that might swap out a different insert for just one Street scene though. Is Episode 0767 really a repeat of Episode 0408 if they only kept an Oscar voiceover, Bob sounding out words, a Susan & Luis song, and a bit with the Count and the kids? It doesn't carry over the opening scene with Gordon, the scene with Sam the Robot, and Oscar's things that blow. —Scott (talk) 23:21, August 26, 2020 (UTC)
- Hmmm. While it feels a little different from the standard "just changes inserts" things, that's five out of eight scenes originally (not counting the goodbye) so still a majority. But they also changed the order of what they did keep (which also isn't how the standard repeat works; Oscar's things that blow bit was a comment on a preceding clip, so that sort of dropping has happened, but not usually the rest). It feels to me like something that might best be addressed through a note at the bottom, rather than a repeat notice in the box (the repeat slot doesn't allow for "selected scenes" or any other niceties). -- Andrew 23:35, August 26, 2020 (UTC)
- It was one of those episodes where the street scenes were interchangeable with inserts anyway (no narrative or major theme). I think the note would work, saying street scenes 4 through 8 (and presumably the goodbye) from Episode 0408 were reused in a different order. -- Andrew 23:49, August 26, 2020 (UTC)
- I feel I should point out a couple of things. To start, season 6 was the first season to reuse the street stories. There's a bit of experimentation with them, as evident by 1) the shows making up up the last 30 episodes of the season, and 2) a lot of the new inserts from that year fill out these repeats. Also, keep in mind that everything with Hal Miller had to be dumped since Roscoe Orman started playing Gordon at the time. Since his scenes were removed, less street scenes are left over. With that in mind, I think it should still be considered a repeat. -- MuppetDude (talk) 00:05, August 27, 2020 (UTC)
- There should still be a note somewhere about the order change, though, because otherwise our use of repeat does rather imply just the inbetween stuff changed. (A note would be a good way to address the Gordon scenes as well, for more casual readers and since we don't have visuals for either episode yet to make the change apparent). --- Andrew 01:09, August 27, 2020 (UTC)
- That's a good point about the early experimentation and the Hal Miller observance. And I agree with the outcome.
- Separate, but related question: is there a good "plot" to use for Episode 0767? I filled similar items in with plot= as a placeholder so that the "repeat" field would work. But I'm not comfortable leaving it that way. It doesn't match the plot on Episode 0408, so I'd like to either make them match or come up with some kind of generic filler for this case and others we might still have that are like it. Meaning, those episodes that don't really have a coherent plot. Note that we shouldn't use it any time there's no clear plot (I could see that being abused), just in special cases. —Scott (talk) 11:25, August 27, 2020 (UTC)