Participation in the Muppet Wiki Forums requires a full understanding of the Rules and Etiquette.
Most of the details have been recently discussed within Thread:303245, but I'll feel free to share here for consideration.
So, noticing that Sandbox:Ernie and Bert in Street stories documents street stories in which Bert and Ernie have appeared on the show's episodes, I was wondering about something that could be done which could be approved in the sandbox and maybe the wiki for certain major characters.
You're probably aware that Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz were so occupied with new Muppet projects such as The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock in the late 70s and 80s, resulting in popular SS characters such as Cookie Monster, Grover and Count Von Count to be mostly confined within recurring segements, and hence making very few street story appearences on SS.
Knowing that, I have thought of sorting out a list of street stories that have featured certain major characters on SS in seperate pages, similar to the character segment pages. While some full episodic lists have been documented on some character lists such as Guy Smiley's and Gladys the Cow (where the appearance list has been very short), more major characters that have had decent appearences between episodes and street stories and a rich filmography list should have a street story list, for references. Of course, I'm not sure how they can work out as actual wiki pages, which is why I'm planning to test them out as sandbox pages.
If there's anyone out there on the forum reading this, please feel free to comment to let me know the ultimate decision to make and whether or not the pages can be created.
- We have episodic filmographies for characters we know appeared only sporadically in street scenes like Farley and Little Bird, but not for characters where we know the list will be much larger.
- Sandbox:Ernie and Bert in Street stories started as an attempt to see how many there actually were. I'm not opposed to starting Sandbox pages for other characters, but we should lay down some rules.
- Do we need one for Elmo, for example? Almost certainly not, as that list would be far too astronomical. The more interesting aspect would be to cover when he first started appearing, which we mostly have covered at Proto-Elmo. Others like Telly, Zoe, Baby Bear, etc, I also feel would be much too long to be useful.
- I do think there's something we could do with Grover, Cookie Monster, and The Count. In the early seasons, they made more Street appearances than Ernie and Bert, but they were still fairly sporadic as compared to Big Bird and Oscar who were usually in ever episode, or at least alternating (a similar situation to the aforementioned Zoe, Baby Bear, etc in later seasons).
- Whatever we decide, these should absolutely start as Sandbox pages first and discuss each as they evolve. —Scott (talk) 13:53, September 12, 2020 (UTC)
- I would like to interject that doing a list of character in a street stories for someone like the Count would be astronomical due to his performer, Jerry being more active on the show compared to either Jim or Frank. I think there should be a cut off point with listing characters in street stories before it gets out of hand. --Muppetspot (talk) 15:10, September 12, 2020 (UTC)Muppetspot