Hey all! As you may have read already in this blog, Fandom is teaming up with Starlight Children’s Foundation for the Design-A-Gown contest, a very fun contest to help bring joy to kids dealing with serious illness across the United States by providing them with awesome hospital gowns that are more comfortable and more colorful than the standard gowns.
How to join?
- Download your Starlight & Fandom Design-A-Gown template.
- Break out the markers or design digitally, whichever way your artistic muse whispers to you
- Click here to upload your design by October 1 to enter.
Five finalists will be selected for our voting phase, which will run from October 14th to 21st, with the winner announced on November 3rd. The winning gown design will be manufactured and sent to hospitalized kids across the country!
To help spread the light, feel free to share your your designs on social media as well for some extra visibility by using #DesignHappiness. #ForTheLoveOfSharingLight, and tagging Fandom and Starlight!
- Instagram handles: @StarlightChildrensFoundation and @GetFandom
- Twitter handles: @StarlightUS and @GetFandom
If art isn't really your strong suit but you still want to help out, a $35 donation to Starlight can help provide a comfy, colorful gown to a hospitalized child. Additionally, Fandom is making a $50,000 donation to Starlight as part of this collaboration. Together we're hoping to truly bring light and joy to ill children, so release that creative muse and break out that (digital) pencil! Lady Lostris / SOAP 14:46, 26 September 2021 (UTC)
- The design entries have been fantastic, but alas, only one can go into production. While Fandom received 91 designs, we have whittled that number down to 3 finalists. It is now your turn again and vote for our winner!
- Head over to the official voting page and pick the gown you think would bring the most joy to seriously ill children in the hospital.
- Voting is open until October 27th and the winner will be revealed on November 3rd. Thanks in advance for all your help! Lady Lostris / SOAP 09:37, 21 October 2021 (UTC)
- FINAL UPDATE