Participation in the Muppet Wiki Forums requires a full understanding of the Rules and Etiquette.
Our category description for The Storyteller: Greek Myths Episodes says "Episode numbers are based on original broadcast order and release." However the articles list the dates as follows...
- Episode 103: Theseus and the Minotaur - December 1, 1990
- Episode 101: Perseus and the Gorgon - December 8, 1990
- Episode 104: Daedalus and Icarus - December 15, 1990
- Episode 102: Orpheus and Eurydice - December 22, 1990
So (if our dates are correct) our order doesn't match the original broadcast order and release. Also, based on the framing sequences with the storyteller and his dog exploring the labyrinth, Episode 103: Theseus and the Minotaur should be first (they enter the labyrinth) and Episode 102: Orpheus and Eurydice should be last (they exit the labyrinth); and this order supports that.
However the DVD releases (and old Henson.com listings) have them ordered as:
- Episode 104: Daedalus and Icarus
- Episode 102: Orpheus and Eurydice
- Episode 101: Perseus and the Gorgon
- Episode 103: Theseus and the Minotaur
And Amazon Prime has the episodes ordered and dated as:
- Episode 104: Daedalus and Icarus - December 8, 1991
- Episode 102: Orpheus and Eurydice - December 22, 1991
- Episode 103: Theseus and the Minotaur - December 1, 1991
- Episode 101: Perseus and the Gorgon - December 8, 1991
- Regarding "our" dates, User:Cotswold just changed all of them from 1991 to 1990 without citing any sources. The only place I can see 1990 associated with "Greek Myths" is the archived Henson.com listing you linked to. That appears to either be an error
or they were lumping it in with the Jim Henson Hour episodes from the previous year as a "start" date(nevermind, that was 1989). Reason being, I can't find any listings in December 1990 for any "Greek Myths" broadcasts. The earliest press I can find is from November 1991 announcing that the episodes were on the way. I'll have to do some deeper digging to confirm if the dates are correct. —Scott (talk) 17:50, 3 January 2022 (UTC)
- Here is the broadcast order in Greater London...
- ...according to The Observer. So, it seems our dates before Cotswold's edits were correct, but the last two flipped. Not sure where we came up with the prefix order of 103, 101, 102, and 104.
- Before making adjustments, we should try to confirm with additional sources. Newspapers.com has a vast, but not comprehensive, collection. —Scott (talk) 18:03, 3 January 2022 (UTC)