Participation in the Muppet Wiki Forums requires a full understanding of the Rules and Etiquette.
We have not really tracked the directors of each episode of The Muppet Show here on the wiki. There were two directors -- about 62% of the episodes (including the entire first season) was Peter Harris and the other 38% of the show was done by Philip Casson. We don't have directors listed in the info box or credits on the individual episode pages, and we don't have the individual episodes listed on the filmographies of the directors either. Is there a reason? Do we care? Was it just lack of episode access and time/interest to go check each episode; or is it just a trivial technical detail that doesn't really matter? I created Sandbox:Muppet Show directors to track who is credited as director on each episode -- do we want to do anything with this info or just avoided the minutiae of it? - BradFraggle (talk) 16:21, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- I think the list of episodes definitely belong on the Peter Harris and Philip Casson articles. Not sure if we need them in the infobox when it's well known they were the only two directors. I think it's enough that we list them both as directors on the article for The Muppet Show. —Scott (talk) 16:33, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah, I somewhat agree. Is there really a difference (to the casual reader/viewer) in knowing whether Episode XYZ a Harris episode or a Casson episode? Putting the lists on their respective filmographies allows people who are interested in that to see who did what. It's certainly important to the director's filmography, but is it really significant to the episode too? However we do list individual directors for other shows (even ones where all the episodes had just 1 or 2 directors), so I don't really know why we'd go out of our way to exclude the information in this case. - BradFraggle (talk) 16:47, 1 March 2021 (UTC)