|This article is about an upcoming project, product, or production.|
Fraggle Rock is a rebooted version of the Jim Henson series that ran from 1983 to 1987. The new series will premiere on the Apple TV+ service, which is co-producing the show with The Jim Henson Company and New Regency Productions.
On May 26, 2020, following the success of the Fraggle Rock: Rock On! shorts, Apple TV+ announced that it had signed a deal with the Henson Company to produce a full-fledged reboot of Fraggle Rock, consisting of half-hour episodes, in addition to exclusive streaming rights to the original series and specials.
Pre-production on the series began in fall 2020 under the working title Raphanus (the Latin word for "radish"). Filming commenced on January 25, 2021, in-studio at the Calgary Film Centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and wrapped in June.
- Executive Producers: Lisa Henson, Halle Stanford, Yariv Milchan, Michael Schaefer, John Tartaglia
- Showrunners/Writers: Matt Fusfeld, Alex Cuthbertson
- Producer: Rita Peruggi
- Co-Executive Producers: Dave Goelz, Karen Prell
- Executive Music Producer: Harvey Mason Jr.
- Vulture "Dance Your Cares Away, a Fraggle Rock Reboot Is Coming to Apple TV+" by Josef Adalian, May 26, 2020
- Calgary Herald "Fraggle Rock reboot to begin production at Calgary Film Centre in mid-January" by Eric Volmers, November 24, 2020
- Edmonton Journal "Cameras to roll next week on Calgary-based Fraggle Rock reboot" by Eric Volmers, January 22, 2021
- Donna Kimball on Instagram, June 4, 2021
- PR Newswire "The Jim Henson Company Officially Begins Production of New Fraggle Rock Series in Calgary, Alberta" January 25, 2021