Ghostwriter was a Children's Television Workshop series emphasizing reading skills which aired on PBS from 1992 to 1995. Focusing on a group of young detectives who work with a ghost (who manifests by rearranging words and writing), most stories were serialized in four or five parts.
- When Rob visits Victor's home in the first season story "Building Bridges" (1993), Victor's younger siblings are watching TV. While no shot of the scene is shown, they're watching Sesame Street, as the then-current theme and the cold open for Episode 3092 can be heard in the background.
- In the second season story "Just in Time" (1993), when Grandma Jenkins asks Alex if he'd like to stay for lunch, he replies "Is the sky blue? Do birds sing? Is Sesame a street?"
- Blaze Berdahl played Lenni Frazier
- Fran Brill played Mrs. Ferguson in "Ghost Story" part 5 (1992)
- Eugene Byrd played Walter in all four parts of "Burning Bridges" (1993)
- Dulé Hill played Basketball Boy in "To Catch a Creep" part 1 (1992)
- Samuel L. Jackson played Mr. Jenkins in "Ghost Story" and "Who Burned Brinker's Store" (both 1992)
- Greg Lee played Mr. Aucoin in "Who Is Max Mouse?" (1993-1994)
- Mark Linn-Baker played a police officer in "Ghost Story" part 5 (1992)
- Darlene Love played a librarian in "Who Is Max Mouse?" (1993-1994)
- Jeremy Miller played Craig Mitchell in all four parts of "Who Burned Mr. Brinker's Store" (1992)
- Valerie Perrine played April Flowers in "Who's Who?" part 3 (1993)