Gilligan's Island (1964-1967) was a sitcom about a group of people who became shipwrecked on a deserted island. The show aired on CBS for three seasons, for a total of 98 episodes. Although the series only aired for three seasons, it enjoyed high ratings, and through syndication became iconic to multiple generations. It also spawned several TV reunion movies and two Filmation animated series (one of which, Gilligan's Planet, inevitably sent the castaways into space).
- The Muppet Meeting Films "Executives' Island" video parodies the series, with boardroom executive Mulligan riffing on Gilligan's name..
- Episode 304 of Dinosaurs features two references. The Antediluvian Broadcasting Company's network schedule board includes Gilligan's Test Pattern. Later, after watching The Professor Show, when Earl thinks that there should be a show with a professor on an island with a millionaire and a movie star.
- In a "welcome back" scene for The Muppet CD-ROM: Muppets Inside, Kermit and Fozzie are seen watching Gilligan's Island while waiting for the player to return. Fozzie calls Kermit his "little buddy."
- David Hoggselhoff makes several allusions to Gilligan's Island while taking a "three-hour tour" in a motor boat with Spamela Hamderson in episode 212 of Muppets Tonight.
- In Muppets Party Cruise, one of Gonzo's stock phrases has him asking for a mulligan, then asking of "Mulligan's Island."