Growing Hope Against Hunger is a one-hour Sesame Street prime time special raising awareness of the widespread issue of hunger in the United States. The special is part of Sesame Workshop's Food for Thought initiative and features Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams Paisley along with the Muppets of Sesame Street. It aired on local PBS stations on October 9, 2011. The special was also released on The iTunes Store through the "Sesame in Communities" podcast in 2013.
A completely Spanish version of the special, titled Todos juntos contra el hambre, was produced alongside the original English version.
Luis stars as the sole human host of the special. As a result, the majority of the special is re-filmed, nearly shot-for-shot, but changing all the signs (save for the street sign) to Spanish. The special is half the length of the original, eliminating the majority of documentary films. The songs are all re-orchestrated to give them a more Latin sound.
Although the Muppets are all voiced by their Plaza Sésamo voice actors, they retain their American names.
The special originally aired on V-me on November 25, 2011 and was later released on iTunes through the "Sesame en las Comunidades" podcast.
- Brad Paisley as himself
- Kimberly Williams Paisley as herself
- Chris Knowings as Chris
- Linet Adorno as Linet
- Fidel Vicioso as Dad
- Kevin Clash as Elmo
- Leslie Carrara-Rudolph as Lily
- Carmen Osbahr as Rosita
- Eric Jacobson as Super Grover and Bert
- Additional Muppet performers: Matt Vogel, John Kennedy, Paul McGinnis
- Directed by Kevin Clash
- Documentary Film Maker: Cynthia Wade
- Executive Producer: Carol-Lynn Parente
- Supervising Producer: Melissa Dino
- Coordinating Producer: April Coleman
- Producers: Kevin Clash, Benjamin Lehmann
- Writer: Christine Ferraro
- Associate Director: Ken Diego
- Set Designer: Bob Phillips
- Technical Director: Tom Guadarrama
- Production Stage Manager: Mindy Fila
- Music Director: Bill Sherman
- Music Director - Arrangements: Joe Fiedler
- Music Director - Studio: Paul Rudolph
- Lyrics By Christine Ferraro
- "I Can Help" & "Garden Song" Composed By Adam Schlesinger
- Additional Music By Bill Sherman, Joe Fiedler and Loren Toolajian
- Jim Henson's Workshop: Jason Weber, Michelle Hickey, Lara MacLean, Jason Seck
- Outreach and Educational Practices, Senior Vice President: Jeanette Betancourt, Ed.D.
- Education, Research and Outreach, Executive Vice President: Lewis Bernstein, Ph.D.
- Production Assistants: Alberto Aguao, Geri Cole, Andrew Moriarty, Rachel Smith
- Cameras: Rob Balton, Frankie Biondo, Jerry Cancel
- Audio Utility: Gordon Price
- Graphics: Pete Ortiz
- Animation By: Titmouse, Inc.
- Sound Effects: Dick Maitland, CAS