Hollywood Squares is a famed American game show where contestants compete for prizes while playing Tic Tac Toe. It was hosted by Peter Marshall from 1966 to 1981, John Davidson from 1986 to 1989, and Tom Bergeron from 1998 to 2004.
- 1976, 1977, 1987, 2000, and 2001 -- Big Bird
- 1970s -- Oscar
- Week of April 30th, 2001 -- Kermit the Frog
- Week of May 13th, 2002 -- Kermit and Miss Piggy
- 2002, 2003, and 2004 -- Bear
- 2001 and the week of April 12th, 2004 -- Elmo
- 2002 -- Gonzo
- Hollywood Squares is where Big Bird met M*A*S*H actor Gary Burghoff, who inspired Big Bird to name his teddy bear Radar.
- Sesame Street Magazine features a pullout poster --- "Sesame Squares." The Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie, Cookie Monster, Prairie Dawn, Rosita, Big Bird, Elmo, Oscar the Grouch, Zoe and Two-Headed Monster appear in the squares. Ernie comments "Hey, Bert, it's hip to be square!" and Cookie Monster, who is holding a piece of bread, quips "Me always try to eat a square meal. Yum, yum!" The poster is not intended as a spoof of the game format, but rather as an actual tic-tac-toe game. However, the design is very similar in appearance to Hollywood Squares's tic-tac-toe board of celebrities.