Home Alone is a 1990 comedy written by John Hughes about a young boy who's left home alone when his family goes on vacation and must outwit two burglars who have cased his house. The film spawned a sequel with most of the cast reprising their roles, as well as three additional films and other merchandising.
- The Dinosaurs episode "Out of the Frying Pan" features a plot in which Baby Sinclair becomes a star in show business. Robbie looks over a script offered to his brother summarized as: "A baby dinosaur's family goes on vacation and leaves him home alone." Robbie comments that the synopsis is too unbelievable.
- On December 23, 2017, Kermit the Frog tweeted, "We Muppets are spending the weekend watching holiday movies... everything except Home Alone. We don't want @GonzotheGreat to get any ideas." 
- Kermit tweeted the same observation exactly one year later, "There's nothing like gathering together with friends and family to watch your favorite holiday movies. (We just don't let @GonzotheGreat watch "Home Alone." We don't want him getting any ideas.)" 
- In the film, Kevin tells his neighbor he "got a sweater with a big bird knitted on it". The line may be misconstrued as a reference to Big Bird.
- Ken Hudson Campbell played a man in a Santa costume in Home Alone
- John Candy played Gus Polinski in Home Alone
- Tim Curry played Mr. Hector in Home Alone 2
- Jaye P. Morgan played herself on a TV show in Home Alone 2
- Catherine O'Hara played Kate McCallister in Home Alone and Home Alone 2
- Joe Pesci played Harry in Home Alone and Home Alone 2
- Rob Schneider played Cedric in Home Alone 2
- Ally Sheedy played a ticket agent in Home Alone 2
- John Williams scored Home Alone and Home Alone 2