House (onscreen logo usually added a small M.D. which all TV listings, official promotion, and other materials ignored) is a medical drama which ran on FOX from 2004-2012, focusing on the title character, a brilliant but unpleasant physician who often uses deductive reasoning to diagnose his patients' ailments.
- In 2011's The Muppets, House is spoofed on the network schedule as Detective Doctor (on the FOX Friday slot occupied by House reruns in summer 2010).
- In the seventh season episode "Recession Proof," House addresses Foreman and Taub with "Bert, take Ernie and check his office for environmentals." Chase further clarifies, with amusement, that Foreman is Bert and Taub is Ernie. Masters adds "And they're both roommates. That was a good one."
- In the eight season episode "Man of the House," a video seminar shows current patient Joe saying "But we don't live on Sesame Street. We live in the real world, the business world."
- Candice Bergen played Arlene Cuddy in three episodes (2011)
- Susan Egan played Audrey Greenwald in "The Social Contract" (2009)
- Hugh Laurie played Dr. Gregory House
- Paula Marshall played Julia Cuddy in three episodes (2011)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda played Alvie (Juan Alvarez) in "Broken" and "Baggage" (2010)
- Kal Penn played Dr. Lawrence Kutner (2007-2009, 2012 finale)
- Michelle Trachtenberg played Melinda Bardach in "Safe" (2006)