Humphrey Bogart (1899-1957) was an Academy Award-winning actor. He began his career on Broadway but soon focused on Hollywood, and appeared in many iconic films including Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, To Have and Have Not, and The African Queen. He was married to Lauren Bacall at the time of his death.
- In the Billy Jo Jive segments on Sesame Street, a poster of Bogart hangs on the wall of Billy's office.
- Humphrey Bogart appears, via stock footage, in the Muppet Babies episode "Eight Flags Over the Nursery," as the babies pass assorted Hollywood stars while on a movie making ride. Bogey (voiced by Frank Welker) cheerfully greets the Muppet Babies with "Here's looking at you, kids."
- The Sesame Street "Great Movie Classics" presentation of Casablanca caricatured Bogart as Rick.
- Natasha's father, who had been unnamed in previous appearances on Sesame Street, was given the name Humphrey in Season 25. The season also introduced his wife Ingrid (named after Ingrid Bergman).
- Sam Spayed in the Dog City episode "Old Dogs, New Tricks" has Bogart's voice and mannerisms as Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon.
- A poster for the 1941 film All Through the Night starring Bogart appears on the wall during the number "Song I'd Like to Sing" in episode 301 of The Muppet Show.