|Music by||Paul Jacobs|
|Lyrics by||Sarah Durkee|
|Publisher||Durkee/Jacobs Inc. (King Dogs Music/Jive Durkee Music); Sesame Street Inc.|
"It Sure is Hot!" (¡Hace Calor!) is a Sesame Street song sung by the Anything Muppets. The song focuses on the plight of a boy who wishes to strike up a conversation with Rosalita, who just moved in down the block from him, but is shy. Through talking about the weather in Spanish, the two eventually begin conversing.
The translation for Sesamstraat (released on the CD Zing Mee met Sesamstraat) had yet a different approach. In this version, Rosalita is an English speaking girl. Her newfound (Dutch) friend happens to know a bit of English and helps her understand the new language: "'Warm' is warm, and 'heet' is hot, and rain is 'regen', sun is 'zon', and shy 'verlegen'! He is the boy from number nine - though things aren't easy, it's going fine!"
- The two leads are voiced by Thomas Verutes and Alaina Lori.
- Performers of the other Anything Muppet denizens include Kevin Clash (Green lead), Camille Bonora (Lavender lead and voice of the Pumpkin girl), Richard Hunt (Fat Blue mother), Pam Arciero, Rick Lyon, David Rudman (the Lavender boy), Martin P. Robinson (the Pumpkin man), and Paul Jacobs (voice of the Hot Pink kid).
- This segment was taped on January 20, 1989, and was directed by Jon Stone.
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1992 and 2007 editions only)
- Documents provided by trusted source