Sir James Galway (b. 1939) is an Irish flautist who counts Jean-Pierre Rampal amongst his many teachers.
Sesame Street appearances
- Galway plays the alphabet of notes (which only goes up to G) as Big Bird identifies them. (EKA: Episode 1455)
- Galway plays his flute for the Kids on Sesame Street featuring music about emotions. (EKA: Episode 1484)
- Malcolm imagines a walk in the woods based on the music Galway plays on his flute. His imaginary walk tuckers him out, so James plays him a lullaby. (EKA: Episode 1613)
- Pretty Great Performances: Galway and the All Animal Chamber Ensemble perform a work by Johann Sebastian Fox. (EKA: Episode 2561)
- Ruby shows James Galway that she has trouble playing the flute. He shows her how to blow into it, but she eventually decides to use it as a baton instead, while he plays. (First: Episode 2605)