Jane Gootnick began her career at JHC in 1978 when she was hired to be part of the design team for The Dark Crystal. She was later incorporated into the Muppet Design Team where she created characters for The Muppet Show, The Tale of the Bunny Picnic, and others. She moved to Los Angeles to be part of the LA Creature Shop when Dinosaurs went into production.
- The Muppets - promotional still for the 2011 film
- The Muppets' Wizard of Oz - Muppet workshop coordinator, project supervisor
- Elmo in Grouchland - built the Pesties, Workshop production supervisor
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop
- Muppets Tonight- built Johnny Fiama, Sal Minella
- Muppets from Space - puppeteer co-captain
- The Witches - puppet mice, including Luke and Bruno
- Muppet Treasure Island
- The Storyteller: Greek Myths - Creature Shop
- The Jim Henson Hour
- The Muppets Take Manhattan - Muppet rigging coordinator
- Fraggle Rock - Muppet designer, built Philo and Gunge, Cantus the Minstrel, and Marjory the Trash Heap
- The Muppet Show - built Angus McGonagle
- The Great Muppet Caper - Muppet builder, Muppet designer
- Labyrinth - Senior puppet builder, Creature Workshop Team member on Sir Didymus and The Fireys
- Interviewed in 1981 about the Muppet Workshop on CBS Sunday Morning
- Appeared as herself in Secrets of the Muppets, building a new Gonzo puppet.
- Talked about the creation of The Dark Crystal in Reflections of the Dark Crystal. And about the Labyrinth in Journey Through the Labyrinth.
- Talked about the environment of working on The Muppet Show in A Company of Players.