Jim Henson's Inspired Silliness is a stage show that premiered aboard the Sky Princess cruise ship on November 1, 2019. The show was also announced to be featured on the Enchanted Princess in June 2020, but the ship's delivery has been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The show was directed and choreographed by John Tartaglia and features reimaginings of Jim Henson's early works.
The official description reads:
“Our brand-new puppet show is pure playtime. Created from the mind – and archives – of Jim Henson and brought to life by director John Tartaglia, this original production from The Jim Henson Company features short skits and humorous vignettes performed by live puppeteers. Whether they're dancing to classic rock songs or showcasing their one-of-a-kind perspective, these puppets put on a show like no other.”
The 30 minute show opens with a video introduction by Brian Henson. Two versions of the show are featured; one for all ages, and an adult, late-night edition. One promotional image features a puppet caricature of Henson surrounded by a menagerie of colorful creatures, including some specifically inspired from the Ostrich Feathers, the Snerfs, and the Business Business Creatures.
- ↑ Princess Cruises Entertainment on Instagram, November 2, 2019
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Seatrade Cruise News "Sky Princess has massive Sky Suite balconies — and a few surprises," October 20, 2019
- ↑ Princess Cruises | Entertainment
- ↑ Princess Cruises Press Release: "'Jim Henson's Inspired Silliness' Puppet Show to Debut Onboard New Sky Princess & Enchanted Princess," October 22, 2019
- ↑ Travel Market Report: "Princess Cruise Line Bringing Jim Henson Puppet Show to Two Ships" by Daniel McCarthy, October 22, 2019