Cameos in Henson/Muppet productions
Indirect references specifically to Jim Henson (birthday, place of birth, etc).
- In his earliest pitch for The Muppet Show in the summer of 1969, in lieu of a celebrity guest for the first episode (initially proposing Danny Kaye), Henson considered hosting the show himself, "in a low-key, unperformer way a la Ernie Kovacs."
- Henson filmed scenes for the Sesame Street "Numerosity" film series with himself as the recurring professor figure. Ultimately, a different actor was chosen.
- An onscreen cameo by Henson was taped for The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence, where Jim introduces Nigel before they segue into the first conference room scene. The cameo was cut for time before the special went to air.
- An early screenplay draft for The Great Muppet Caper called for Henson to play the man the main trio meet when they land in Great Britain.
- Jim Henson's cameo in Into the Night.
- Producer Matt Danner on Twitter MattyDanner May 23, 2020
- Brian Jay Jones, Jim Henson: The Biography digital location 3621
- "Sesame Street: Lost and Found" event at Museum of the Moving Image, November 24, 2019.
- Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones, page 215.
- Archival script document displayed at The Jim Henson Exhibition at the Museum of the Moving Image
- The Great Muppet Caper script (July 22, 1980 draft)