One of her most notable appearances on the show was in a sketch where she sang the alphabet with Kermit. As the song progresses, she kept replacing certain letters with "Cookie Monster". The sketch has been used in a number of specials and clip shows as one of Sesame Street’s most memorable moments.
She featured in other sketches with Kermit, appeared in the opening sequence during seasons seven and sixteen, included alongside the main cast in a season 4 promotional photo, and also featured on the cover of the September 1976 issue of Sesame Street Magazine with Grover and some other kids.
According to Sesame Street Unpaved,
“Although she looked young, she was twice the age of the average viewer, so she knew the answer to most of the questions being asked on the show. One day, while taping a "One of These Things" sketch, Joey kept giving the correct answer before the song was over. The show's producers took her out of the scene, and decided to put in some children who didn't know all the answers.”
(Street scenes and repeating segments)
- Opening Theme
- Episode 0351 - playing a trick on Oscar with Susan
- Episode 0426 — Kermit and Joey sing the alphabet
- Episode 0436 — Kermit and Joey count to 20
- Episode 0871 — riding a tricycle in the opening scene and picking up toys in scene 3
- Episode 2149 — Kermit and Joey talk about body parts
- Unknown — Joey shows Kermit which way is up and down.
- Borgenicht, David. Sesame Street Unpaved page 83