Language to Literacy is part of the "Sesame Street Beginnings" series produced by Sesame Workshop with support from the Prudential Foundation in 2000. The program is an adult-oriented video to teach simple things adults can do every day with children will get them on the road to language development. The 24-minute Sesame Street VHS is produced in both English and Spanish.
In the video, Luis teaches language skills to Telly, Rosita, Big Bird and Gabi while trying to teach baby Natasha to speak. The video features two original songs, "Born to Learn" and "It All Starts with Goo Goo Goo."
The video can be downloaded for free at The iTunes Store through the "Sesame Street in Communities" podcast.
- Produced By: Tom Camnisa
- Directed By: Ozzie Alfonso
- Written By: Annie Evans
- Starring Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets:
- With Muppet Performers:
- Cast: Emilio Delgado, Desiree Casado, Claudette Sierra
- Children: Hayley Abadi, David Alfonso, Carl Chase, Omar Soliman, Kayla Vega, Zachary Wall
- Jim Henson's Puppet Workshop: Stephen Rotondaro, Lara MacLean, Michelle Hickey, Ann Timinelli
- Music & Lyrics: Christopher Cerf, Annie Evans, Dan Sovak, Tom Wagner
- Music Director: Dan Sovak
- Music Supervisor: Dave Conner
- Associate Director: Cher Jung
- Graphic Designer: Mike Pantuso
- Costume Designer: Bill Kellard
- Camera: Frank Biondo, Jerry Cancel, Jimmy O'Donnell
- Music Coordinator: Danny Epstein
- Title Animation: Fred Garbers
- Project Directors: Jeanette Betancourt, Ed. D and Joanne Livesey
- Director of Production: Christina Delfico
- Vice-President, Sesame Street Research: Rosemarie Truglio, Ph.D.