Lead Away! is a 1996 educational resouce video produced by Sesame Workshop for adults. The video educates about lead poisoning, a serious health problem that can be prevented.
The video features Sesame Street characters Maria, Elmo, Rosita, Oscar the Grouch, and a group of kids discussing what lead poisoning means and how it can be avoided. Oscar's niece Irvine also makes an appearance. Gabi is referenced as having had a blood test with Rosita, earlier in the day.
A comic book reinforcing the messages of the video was also released.
The full video is currently available on VHS in some libraries, as a free video download from Sesame Workshop via the iTunes Store as part of the Learn Along with Sesame series, and can be viewed at the Sesame Workshop website.
- When the video was re-released online in 2010, several changes were made. New opening titles were added along with a new intro and closing by Emilio Delgado as Luis. This version removes Elmo's ending acknowledgement of the Lead Hotline; a new number is addressed by Delgado. The end credits are also redone. Additionally, the sound effects are removed when the Lead Police appear and the scene transition to "Blood Test" is removed as well.
- Caroll Spinney as Oscar the Grouch, with Kevin Clash (as Elmo), Martin P. Robinson (as Irvine), David Rudman, Joey Mazzarino, Carmen Osbahr (as Rosita), Pam Arciero, Noel MacNeal, John Kennedy, and Alice Dinnean
- Produced by Patricia Ryan Lampl
- Directed by John Ferraro
- Written by Sonia Manzano
- Songs Composed by Christopher Cerf
- Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop supervised by Ed Christie
- "Wash Your Hands": Bruce Cayard Animation
- Production Designer: Victor DiNapoli
- Music Director: Robby Merkin
- Music Coordinator: Danny Epstein
- Graphic Designer: Mike Pantuso
- Costume Designer: Bill Kellard
- Sound Effects: Dick Maitland