Lou Berger (b. August 21, 1950) began writing for Sesame Street in 1989, and became head writer in 1997 before leaving the show in 2008. Among his contributions to the show is the character Baby Bear. He also wrote the book Around the Corner on Sesame Street, served as supervising producer and occasional writer on The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss and helped develop Big Bag.
Berger's other accomplishments include serving as head writer for Pinwheel on Nickelodeon, helping to launch Reading Rainbow, and co-creating Between the Lions. In 2008 he published the children's book The Elephant Wish.
- Sesame Street (1989-2008) - head writer seasons 28-39
- Sesame Street Stays Up Late
- Big Bag (writer, series development)
- The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
- The Street We Live On (with Judy Freudberg)
Sesame Street episodes written by Berger include (an added R indicates a main storyline repeat):
- U.S. Public Records Index, Vol 2 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2010.
- CTW.org: "What's So Funny?" by P.J. Tanz. (archived)