Luis G. Santeiro (b. October 9) is a Cuban-American playwright and television writer who has been a member of the Sesame Street writing staff since 1978. In this role he has shared a number of Emmys won for Best Writing in a Children's Series.
His other work for Children's Television Workshop includes penning The Sesame Street Special, writing lyrics for a number of songs including "Dentist of Seville" and "Todos un Pueblo," and developing the Troubles the Cat segments on Big Bag.
Santeiro also created the bilingual 1970s television sitcom Qué Pasa, U.S.A.? and in August 2017 published his memoir Dancing with Dictators: A Family's Journey from Pre-Castro Cuba to Exile in the Turbulent Sixties.
- Sesame Street, Special (pledge-drive special)
- The Alphabet Game (video)
- Sing-Along Earth Songs (video)
- Sesame Street: 25 Wonderful Years (video)
- A New Baby in My House (video)
- Rosita's Block Party (book)
- Fiesta (video)
- A is for Asthma (video)
- Big Bird's Sunny Day Camp Out (stage show)
Sesame Street episodes written by Santeiro include: