|Written by||Jeff Moss|
|Publisher||Festival Attractions, Inc.|
"Mad" is the debut performance of Little Jerry and the Monotones on Sesame Street. Little Jerry names things that makes him mad and how he responds to those situations through mental and physical reactions. The song ends with the band furiously storming off the stage.
- The chorus and beat is reminiscent of the Silhouettes' Get a Job.
- In the album version, an introduction is given by a voice provided by Jeff Moss, which marks the first mention of the band's name.
- In the TV version, Jeff Moss, Fran Brill and Caroll Spinney provide backing vocals. Moss and Spinney also provide backing vocals in the album version.
- Mike sings a few verses of the song in Episode 2867. Big Jeffy and Little Chrissy are not impressed.
- As the Pumpkin Monotone makes his way off the stage, a pin can be seen holding his nose together.
- The Official Sesame Street 2 Book-and-Record Album (1971)
- The Whole Burbank Catalog (1972)
- 60 Favorite Songs from Sesame Street (1975)
- 25 Greatest Hits (1975)
- Mad/Sad (single, 1976)
- Sesame Street Gold! (1977)
- Sesame Street Music Society Album (1978)
- Letters (computer game) (released as audio; TV version)