McDonald's is a world-wide fast-food chain known primarily for hamburgers. It has offered a number of Happy Meal toys for kids and other premiums based on Muppet productions such as The Great Muppet Caper, Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, Muppet Treasure Island and Chicken Dance Elmo.
McDonald's is the title sponsor of the McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade, which has featured Bear in the Big Blue House, Muppet and Sesame Street balloons over the years. McDonald's was also one of the corporate sponsors for Sesame Street for several seasons.
In 1990, McDonald's financed the Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue TV special that aired simultaneously on NBC, CBS and ABC, and included Baby Kermit, Baby Piggy and Baby Gonzo among other cartoon characters. The same year, McDonald's sponsored a simulcast of the dubbed special in Germany.
- On My Way with Sesame Street Volume 13 features a page of Twiddlebug riddles which spoofs the McDonald's franchise as "McTwiddle's." The riddles go on to include a real recipe for making McTwiddle burgers.
- In Miss Piggy's Rules, Miss Piggy instructs the readers that a bad first date would be to "get the Happy Meal in the drive-thru line at that little Scottish place." Further along in the book, in the section "What You Say vs. What Your Really Mean," she uses the example of saying, "I don't care where we go, as long as we're together" means, "Whaddaya mean, we're going to MacDonald's (sic)?"
- In a The Muppets comic strip dated October 24, 1982, Kermit and Miss Piggy use a "drive-thru" at McEats.
- The Flintstones featured a restaurant called "Rock Donalds".
- For a list of promotions, Happy Meals, and other marketing tools for Henson feature films and Television series, see Category:McDonald's.