Mexico (México) is a country located in North America, bordered at the north by the United States, and at the south by Central America (Guatemala and Belize). It is the northernmost and westernmost country in Latin America, and also the most populous Spanish-speaking country in the world.
The nation is also known for its food, piñatas, and as a high volume exporter of non-licensed Muppet merchandise.
- Plaza Sésamo was one of the first international co-productions of Sesame Street. It has been running since 1972. The Muppet characters include Abelardo, Lola and Pancho Contreras.
- In the Fraggle Rock episode "The Bells of Fraggle Rock," Doc and Sprocket celebrate Christmas through customs from around the world. As the culmination of their interational festivities, Sprocket honors Mexico by struggling to bust a piñata.
- Rosita comes from Mexico, as does her performer, Carmen Osbahr. In Sesame Street Episode 4096, Rosita misses her abuela, and to cheer her up, the Sesame Street residents decorate the neighborhood to resemble Mexico.
- A Waiter Grover sketch took place in Charlie's Mexican restaurant, with Grover attending Mr. Johnson while singing and dancing.
- "Global Grover" has visited Mexico a couple of times. In one segment, he builds a marionette named José. In another, he meets a donkey named Eriberto Burro.