Miss Congeniality is a 2000 film starring Sandra Bullock as Agent Gracie Hart, who goes undercover in a national beauty pageant. The film was followed by a sequel, Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, in 2005.
- In Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, Gracie Hart gives an emotional speech while wearing a flamboyant, feathered Las Vegas costume: "And I am Gracie Hart and at this moment, I am also Big Bird and nothing scares me..."
- On April 25, 2017, Cookie Monster tweeted: "#April25 is the perfect day for a cookie. Not too warm, not too cold... all me need is a nice chocolate-chippy cookie!" The tweet is based on a line by Heather Burns' character, Cheryl Frasier ("Miss Rhode Island"), who gives April 25th as a "perfect date" answer during the pageant.
- Diedrich Bader played Joel Meyers in the 2005 sequel
- Candice Bergen played Kathy Morningside
- Benjamin Bratt played Eric Matthews
- Michael Caine played Victor Melling
- Nick Offerman played Karl Steele in the 2005 sequel
- Ayesha Orange played a drag club dancer in the 2005 sequel
- Dolly Parton appeared as herself in the 2005 sequel
- Regis Philbin appeared as himself in the 2005 sequel
- William Shatner played Stan Fields in both films
- Octavia Spencer played a bookstore customer (Octavia) in the 2005 sequel
- Stephen Tobolowsky played Tom Abernathy in the 2005 sequel