Mr. Noodle appears in the "Elmo's World" segment of Sesame Street. A silent character, Mr. Noodle resides in a realm of his own inside Elmo's World, accessible from behind Shade. Elmo frequently asks Mr. Noodle to demonstrate how to perform a chore or answer a question. He responds through pantomime, but invariably gets the process wrong, or fails to follow Elmo's instructions. Through trial and error and repeated prompting, Mr. Noodle usually manages to figure it out.
Introduced along with Elmo's World in Season 30, Mr. Noodle was replaced by Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle for Season 31. Subsequently, the two Noodles either alternated or sometimes appeared jointly, as in the episodes "Families" and "Games." Mr. Noodle's sister, Ms. Noodle has also been seen with him in a few episodes and specials.
With the return of Elmo's World in Season 47, Mr. Noodle (with Bill Irwin reprising the role) has continued to make appearances; alternating with three other Noodle siblings, and occasionally appearing with the family poodle, Schmoodle.
- Elmo's World (1998-2009)
- Balls, Shoes, Hats, Dancing, Jackets, Food, Books, Music, Water, Transportation, Bananas, Drawing, Sky, Weather, Getting Dressed, Mail, Open and Close, Feet, The Street We Live On, Bath Time, Bells, Up and Down, Dinosaurs, School, Cats, Skin, Jumping, Cameras, Penguins, Doctors, Horses, Fast and Slow, The Beach, Mouths, Violins, Noses, Drums, Eyes, Frogs
- Elmo's Wonderful World (2017-present)
- Dress Up, Dancing (2017), Bees, Painting, Instruments, Books (2017), Cooking, Celebrations, Crafts, Grandparents, Bubbles, Karate
- Elmo's World: Games (with his brother, Mr. Noodle)
- Elmo's World: Families (with his brother)
- Elmo's World: Wild Wild West (with his brother and sister, Ms. Noodle)
- Elmo's World: Happy Holidays (with his brother and sister)
- Elmo's World: Friends (with his sister)
- Elmo's World: Helping (with his other sister, Miss Noodle)
- Elmo's World: Homes (with his dog, Schmoodle)
- Elmo's World: Thanksgiving (with Schmoodle)