Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree is a 1995 half-hour TV special starring Robert Downey Jr., Leslie Nielsen, Stockard Channing and a family of Muppet Mice. The special first aired on CBS on December 6, 1995.
Based on Robert Barry's 1963 book, the story follows a family of mice living in the wealthy and eccentric Mr. Willowby's house. They decide to start the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree (namely, chopping off the top of the perfect tree Mr. Willowby has brought home). However, while they continually attempt to take their piece of tree, the top of the tree is passed around from humans to animals, each one taking just enough of the tree to make it the perfect size for them. Through this adventure, the mice see how others celebrate Christmas, and Mr. Willowby's friends and employees learn a little about Christmas magic too.
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Mr. Willowby
- Leslie Nielsen as Baxter
- Stockard Channing as Miss Adelaide
- Bill Barretta
- Julianne Buescher as Beverly Mouse
- Kevin Clash as Father Mouse
- Bruce Lanoil
- David Rudman as Ned Mouse
- Steve Whitmire as Kermit
- Director: Jon Stone
- Author, book: Robert Barry
- Writer, teleplay: Mitchell Kriegman
- Producer: Ritamarie Peruggi
- Executive Producer: Michael K. Frith
- Original Music: Michael and Patricia Silversher
- Cinematographer: Tony Cutrono
- Film Editor: David Gumpel
- Production Designer: Val Strazovec
A dubbed NTSC DVD was released in Portugal, although this is quite rare.
- ↑ The Paris News, December 3, 1995.
- ToughPigs.com -- My Week with Christmas Vacation
- Christmas Specials Wiki: Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree