Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree is a 1995 half-hour TV special starring Robert Downey Jr., Leslie Nielsen, Stockard Channing and a family of Muppet Mice. The special first aired on CBS on December 6, 1995.
Based on Robert Barry's 1963 book, the story follows a family of mice living in the wealthy and eccentric Mr. Willowby's house. They decide to start the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree (namely, chopping off the top of the perfect tree Mr. Willowby has brought home). However, while they continually attempt to take their piece of tree, the top of the tree is passed around from humans to animals, each one taking just enough of the tree to make it the perfect size for them. Through this adventure, the mice see how others celebrate Christmas, and Mr. Willowby's friends and employees learn a little about Christmas magic too.
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Mr. Willowby
- Leslie Nielsen as Baxter
- Stockard Channing as Miss Adelaide
- Julianne Buescher as Beverly Mouse
- Kevin Clash as Father Mouse
- David Rudman as Ned Mouse
- Steve Whitmire as Kermit
- Supporting Cast: Bill Barretta, Bruce Lanoil, Kevin Thompson, Tracey Thompson, Shari Weiser
- Music and Lyrics by Michael and Patricia Silversher
- Executive Producer: Michael K. Frith
- Produced by Ritamarie Peruggi
- Teleplay by Mitchell Kriegman
- Based on the book by Robert Barry
- Directed by Jon Stone
- Director of Photography: Tony Cutrono
- Production Designer: Val Strazovec
- The Muppet Workshop: Marian Keating, Ron Binoin, Susan Doyle, Isabel Dufour, Jane Howell, Rollie Krewson, Larry Jameson, Tom Newby, Stephen Rotondaro, Julie Zobel
- Music Produced by Michael and Patricia Silversher
- Music Supervisor / Arranger: David Lawrence
- Edited by David Gumpel, Jason Bielski, Mark Oberthaler
- Puppet Captain: Kevin Clash
- Creative Consultant: Jim Lewis
A dubbed NTSC DVD was released in Mexico.
- The Paris News, December 3, 1995.