Statistics celebrated on various Muppet Wiki anniversaries. See also: Milestones and Press Coverage.
| 13 years
Muppet Wiki was founded on December 5, 2005. The very first article created on the wiki was for Fozzie Bear with the simple (yet factual) text: "Fozzie Bear is a bear." The wiki's description of Fozzie has since grown with remarkable depth and breadth of coverage.
| 35,869 articles
Muppet Wiki has over 32,000 encyclopedic articles on all sorts of topics related to Jim Henson, Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, and The Muppets Studio. If you were to read one article a day, it would take you over 98 years to read them all!
|3,202 Muppet characters|
|4,526 Sesame Street episode guides|
| 120 Muppet Show episode guides
The Muppet Show ran for 5 seasons and 120 episodes... and we've got episode guides for all of them! We also have complete episode guides for 1984's Muppet Babies, 1989's The Jim Henson Hour, 1996's Muppets Tonight and 2015's The Muppets.
| 96 Fraggle Rock episode guides
Dance your cares away, we've got coverage of all 96 episodes of Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock, plus all 13 episodes of the short-lived animated spin-off. We also have individual articles on 153 Fraggle Rock characters and 198 Fraggle songs.
|143 Muppet performers|
| 2,043 celebrities
The Muppets have worked with many celebrities — including actors, musicians, athletes, politicians, and more! See which famous faces have crossed paths with the Muppets.
| 912 Sesame Street guests
Where do furry monsters and famous personalities mix and mingle? On Sesame Street, of course! Combining celebrities and actors who have appeared on episodic Sesame Street as well as home video releases and specials, a lot of people have visited the street.
| 1,116 Muppet songs
From "Mah Na Mah Na" (with more than 20 different Muppet performances) to "Rainbow Connection" (with more than 35 different Muppet performances), you can explore all the songs performed by the Muppets throughout the years.
|2,558 Sesame Street songs|
|1,395 Sesame Street storybooks|
|38 Christmas specials|
|126 international Sesame Street shows|
| Over 300 Ernie and Bert sketches
We have a comprehensive guide to all the Ernie and Bert sketches from their apartment, their bedroom, their expeditions, and elsewhere. The wiki also has lists of over 80 Ernie and Bert songs and 121 Ernie and Bert storybooks; plus a guide to the duo's animated spin-off.
| 91 Sesame Street Newsflashes
We've got a list of all the many fast-breaking news stories from Kermit the Frog! Check out Sesame Street News Flash for a complete listing and check out other recurring sketches for more from Sesame Street.
|32 Pigs in Space sketches|
| Over 530 Muppet kisses
Kissy, kissy! We've got a list of kissing Muppets. We've also got lists of married Muppets, driving Muppets, dead Muppets, wet Muppets, stretched Muppets, exploding Muppets, eaten Muppets, smoking Muppets, swearing Muppets, musical Muppets, and much more!
| Over 675 Anything Muppets
The Anything Muppets on Sesame Street have filled many roles -- from Mr. Johnson and Sherlock Hemlock to Guy Smiley and The Amazing Mumford. Get to know the people in your neighborhood and explore our lists of Anything Muppets.
| Over 70 Muppet pigs
We have pages on more than 70 Muppet pigs... although (if you ask her) the only one who really matters is the fabulous Miss Piggy. We also have pages on more than 200 monsters, 150 birds, 85 grouches, 60 doozers, 55 fraggles, 50 dogs, 30 bears, 40 frogs, and 1 whatever.
| 134,116 photos
A picture's worth a thousand words... and we've uploaded a lot of them! With 134,116 pictures and 35,869 articles, that's an average of 4 unique pictures per page!
| 190 active users
Wikia has over 21,110,920 registered users and Muppet Wiki has 12 administrators with 190 users active on Muppet Wiki within the past month.
| 1,191,832 page edits
Our editors have been busy collaborating over the past decade with lots of individual page edits to build the wiki. With 1,191,832 individual page edits, that's an average of 33 edits per article. Help us get to a million!
| Over 23,000 Facebook fans
"Like" Muppet Wiki on Facebook for fun Muppet content and to stay connected with what's new on the wiki.
|1 wedding cake!|
May 2012, more stats
Muppet Wiki Facts:
- Muppet Wiki was founded on December 5, 2005 by people from Tough Pigs, Muppet Central and MuppetZine.
- We hit 25,000 pages in six years and five months -- that's 12.6 new pages a day!
- These days, about 150 people contribute to the wiki every month, with 60 regular contributors.
- Our biggest category is Muppet Characters -- 2,700 different characters, from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and all the other Muppet productions from around the world.
- (The characters you're thinking of -- the two old guys in the balcony -- are Statler and Waldorf.)
- One of our long-running projects is a comprehensive Sesame Street Episode Guide, with descriptions and screenshots from every segment. So far, we've got a full guide page for 874 out of 4,300 episodes. (That's only 20%, but it's 41 seasons going back to 1969 -- we'll catch up someday!)
- Muppet Wiki answers some of the world's burning questions, including Is Cookie Monster now the Veggie Monster?, Are Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy married? and Are Ernie and Bert gay?
- More fun stats:
- Muppet Wiki has been used as a resource for a lot of official Henson, Disney and Sesame Workshop projects, including the 2009 book Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street, the Smithsonian's traveling exhibit "Jim Henson's Fantastic World", the official Sesame Street Japan blog, and the producers of the 2011 film, The Muppets.
- The wiki has an archive of every newsletter from The Muppet Show Fan Club, a behind-the-scenes Fraggle Rock production document "The Encyclopedia Fragglia" and selected documents from the Children's Television Workshop Archives.