Fisher-Price produced the first set of Muppet Show plush toys, beginning in 1977. The packaging design used imagery from The Muppet Theatre, including the curtains, the footlights, the backstage area and the stage door. The color scheme for each character's packaging was also carried over in the packaging for Fisher-Price's Muppet Show Stick Puppets set.
Also in 1981, Fisher-Price released the first set of Dress-Up Muppet Dolls, with outfits sold separately.
- The Animal hand puppet had a trigger inside his head to make his eyes close. The Animal puppet was rereleased by Igel in 2000, with a new costume.
- One of the Animal hand puppets would be later turned into Australian TV icon, Agro.
- The Kermit plush was seen in the background in a Postcards from Traveling Matt segment from the Fraggle Rock episode "A Cave of One's Own". The Scooter plush was also seen in a little girl's arms in the background in the Traveling Matt segment from "Mokey's Funeral."
- In the film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, a toy closet between two bedrooms houses both a Fisher Price Scooter plush doll and a Fisher Price Animal puppet.
- Unlike the other puppets and plushes, the Fozzie Bear plush is not in scale with the others.